Egg stew is one of the simplest stews ever to be made. It so easy, you don’t even need to prep. Whilst at home, waiting for my family today, I began to crave egg stew and of course with koobi (salted dried fish)
My grandpa just sent me a load of cocoyam from his farm so I had mine with boiled cocoyam and it was….AMAZING BALLS. Shaking my head, Chaiiii! !! When food is that good.
4 meduim sliced tomatoes
2 medium sliced onions
2 small sized koobi
1 tbsp red pepper powder or fresh pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1 tbsp oil
Pinch of salt
Recipe (serves 2)
1. Soak koobi in water to remove excess salt and soften it.
2. Add your oil, sliced onions,tomatoes, pepper,rosemary in a frying pan on medium heat.
3. Stir until tomatoes begin to soften and add koobi.
4. Taste to check salt, if not enough, add your salt and continue to stir
5. Slowly add your eggs and cover. Reduce heat.
6. Remove lid and stir. ….stew is ready to eat.
Enjoy with boiled cocoyam, plantain or rice.