I have always admired bakers, but never wanted to be one myself, it took a lot of courage for me to even start to try baking recipes. Trust me, I have tried and tried and failed and failed and here I am. Other food blogs have inspired me to continue trying and I am improving, so I hope Mukasechic inspires you too!
Comeon, don’t be a scaddy cat, go ahead and give it a try.
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk- Please use whole milk not evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / 180 G Celsius and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners of your choice.
2. Pour together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar to the milk and set aside between 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Now add the 2 eggs and sugar and mix with a mixer, I use a handmixer
5. Add vanilla extract and vegetable oil and to the sugar and egg mixture and mix.
6. On low speed, add half of flour mixture, beat, then add half of milk mixture. Repeat until everything is combined and well mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl too.
7.Now pour the thin batter into your cupcake pan and fill up the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
8. Bake in your preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes.
If you are not sure whether the cupcakes are ready, use a toothpick, stick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, yayyyy, its ready! but relax!
Let cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let cool completely on a plate or wire rack and now take a big bite…..